Monday, April 27, 2009

14ers win the D-League championship


Three weeks ago I saw my first NBA D-League game in Colorado and was enthralled by being able to be so close to the action. Whereas a decent NBA seat will set you back $100 or more, a seat here is around $20 and the quality of play is not significantly worse in my mind (but then, I am no basketball expert).

Anyway, I've been following the league closely since then, helped by free internet broadcasts of all games. The Colorado 14ers, who were so impressive in the game I saw, won all 4 of their playoff games to take the championship. Congratulations to the organization, you put on a great show.

With expansion to Springfield, MA and Portland, ME, the NBADL is truly a national league now, which makes a road trip a future possibility. It might seem strange to do an NBADL trip before an NBA one, but with the substantial price difference between the two leagues and the franchises often located in towns that I wouldn't otherwise visit, it makes more sense than you might originally think.

Best,

Sean


3 comments:

  1. Just an fyi, the team in Maine is located in Portland, not Bangor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, should have checked first. It's been fixed.

    Sean

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm following your blog, Sean! Wendy

    ReplyDelete