Wednesday, April 15, 2009

NFL Schedule released


Today marks the release of the NFL schedule, one of the most anticipated days in the sports road trippers calendar. After my 2001 MLB road trip, my next plan has been to do an NFL road trip, seeing all the stadiums in one season. As I've been waiting 8 years, it's clear that this is a much more difficult trip to plan. With 32 teams playing in only 17 weeks, plus a couple of constraints (no flying, no exhibition games), the schedule is the most important factor of all. I need the Monday night schedule to not have that many repeat home teams, since I have to see at least 13 MNF games, saving the remaining 19 teams for Sunday afternoon or the occasional Thursday night.

I've spent some time looking at the schedule and it's not promising. Miami has two early home games on Monday Night, and many of the other Prime Time games are in far-flung locales such as San Diego, Dallas, or Minnesota. I'll be trying a few other permutations and combinations, but right now it looks like 2010 will be the next chance for an NFL road trip.

Best,

Sean


1 comment:

  1. And today, in the States, it is Jackie Robinson Day.

    ReplyDelete