Friday, May 22, 2009

Off to Singapore on the A380!




I've got a month between the trip to Australia and my trip back home, so I decided to use an upcoming weekend to fulfill one of my goals for this year, which is to fly on the Airbus A380 aircraft. Singapore Airlines flies the plane between Tokyo and Singapore daily, and I was able to use my Air Canada miles to get a free ticket. And the ticket is actually completely free! No taxes, no airport fees, no nothing. Hard to believe, but I guess Air Canada doesn't care since I'm flying on another airline.

Of course, before setting the dates, I had to check if there was some sort of sporting event that I could attend. Fortunately, the S.League has their League Cup that week, and I'll catch a game on June 4th, a couple of hours after I land, assuming the plane is on time. It'll be a tough squeeze to get from the airport to the stadium in two hours, but Singapore is small and efficient, so I should be able to make it. I'll post a report here after the game.

Best,

Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment