Friday, October 17, 2014

How to Visit San Francisco without Visiting San Francisco


After visiting TCF Bank Stadium in Minneapolis last weekend, there is still one more NFL venue that I need to see to retain my membership in Club 122, namely Levi's Stadium, the new home of the San Francisco 49ers. The NFL schedule is difficult to plan around, and I really only had two or three weekends in which I could make the trip out west. After much deliberation, I decided to go in December, as the 49ers host San Diego in the only Saturday with games this season. That opens up Sunday and wouldn't you know it? The Bills are in Oakland. Of course, Saturday night is free, and the NHL has obliged by matching up a couple of playoff disappointments in St. Louis and San Jose, just minutes away from Santa Clara, where Levi's Stadium sits.

As I began to look at flight tickets, I chanced a peek at the ECHL schedule and was pleased to find the Stockton Thunder home on a Friday night. So that makes a nice three-day, four-game trip to San Francisco with two new venues. Except I won't actually spend any time in San Francisco. After landing at the airport, I'll make my way south to Santa Clara and use that as my base, with trips to Stockton, San Jose and Oakland before returning to the airport, which is actually in San Mateo County. So I guess I'll call this one the 2014 Bay Area trip.

The full schedule is below:

Fri Dec 19 Idaho at Stockton (ECHL) 7:05
Sat Dec 20 Chargers at 49ers 1:30
Sat Dec 20 Blues at Sharks 7:00
Sun Dec 21 Bills at Raiders 1:00

As always, check back for the exciting recaps.

Best,

Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment