Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Minnesota Twins 1 at Toronto Blue Jays 5 - August 3, 2015


Every few months I need to renew my NY-based contract, which requires a trip across the Canadian border so I can re-enter the States and update my status. Of course, I try to plan these trips around sporting events, and lucked out this time when I was able to make a trip over the Civic Holiday weekend when the Blue Jays were hosting the Twins in a holiday matinee while the Argonauts were in Hamilton that evening.

The first of these games was highly anticipated because new Jay David Price was making his first start for the team. Upon entering the Rogers Centre, I was amazed at just how crowded the it was, with over 46,000 on hand for this moment. The few Twins fans seemed bemused by the playoff atmosphere, but it was electric, a rarity in Toronto in August. I only took one picture, but it is a beauty:



If you didn't hear, Price pitched 8 innings giving up just a run while striking out 11, and Josh Donaldson hit a 2-run homer to pace the Jays, who won 5-1 to move into a tie for the final wild card spot. One of the best Jays games I have seen in a long time. The team is far different than the one I saw in Houston and I am looking forward to the next two months as the Jays mount a playoff run.

Best,

Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment