Thursday, September 17, 2015

Rugby World Cup Trip Planned!


The 2015 Rugby World Cup begins this Friday with England taking on Fiji. The tournament is being held in England and Wales, and Canada is participating, so I've been thinking about taking a short trip over there to see a game or two. Of course, the EPL is underway and the Euro Qualifiers are entering the home stretch, and even the NFL is in town with the Jets and Dolphins playing the first of 3 NFL games on October 4. With all that sport, I was finally convinced to purchase a ticket and am heading over for 4 quick days, which should include 5 or 6 games, including Canada taking on Romania in Leicester.

The trip schedule is as follows:

Sat, Oct 3 West Brom at Crystal Palace (EPL)  12:45
Sat, Oct 3 Southampton at Chelsea (EPL)        5:30
Sun, Oct 4 Fulham at Charlton (Championship)  12:00
Sun, Oct 4 Italy vs Ireland (Pool D, RWC)      4:45
Mon, Oct 5 Leamington at Hitchin Town (SPL)    7:45
Tue, Oct 6 Canada vs Romania (Pool D, RWC)     4:45

That game on October 5 is the Southern League Premier Division, the semi-professional seventh level of English soccer. I can't wait to see it.

I was initially planning to stay for the Euro Qualifiers in Ireland and England on October 8 and 9, but I'm heading back on October 7 to watch the baseball playoffs as the Blue Jays should be involved. I'm skipping the NFL game as well, as I have already seen one at Wembley and the 2:30 start time precludes either game that I am planning to attend instead.

As always, I'll be updating here, so check back next month!

Best,

Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment