Saturday, January 2, 2016

Another Stupid Trip Planned


My 2015 travels are done, so it's time to look ahead to 2016. As I will be out of work until February at least, I'm going to take two trips to knock off a bunch of AHL venues. The first of those is in early January, when I'll rent a car in Philadelphia and make my way around Pennsylvania, New York, and Delaware watching hockey and college hoops. I didn't know what to call this trip, but my wife thoughtfully suggested "Another Stupid Trip", so there it is. Looking at the games, it is hard to disagree with her assessment, but with Club 122 complete, I am concentrating on smaller venues these days.

Sat, Jan  9  Dayton Flyers at La Salle Explorers (NCAA Basketball, A10) 2:00
Sat, Jan  9  Toledo Walleye at Reading Royals (ECHL) 7:00
Sun, Jan 10  Utica Comets at Hershey Bears (AHL) 5:00
Mon, Jan 11  Bucknell Bison at Lehigh Mountain Hawks (NCAA Basketball, Patriot League) 7:30
Tue, Jan 12  St. Lawrence Saints at Clarkson Golden Knights (NCAA Hockey, ECAC) 7:00
Wed, Jan 13  Toronto Marlies at Utica Comets (AHL) 7:00
Thu, Jan 14  Norfolk Admirals at Elmira Jackals (ECHL) 7:05
Fri, Jan 15  Raptors 905 at Delaware 87ers (NBA D-League) 7:00
Sat, Jan 16  Northeastern Huskies at Delaware Blue Hens (NCAA Basketball, CAA) 2:00
Sun, Jan 17  Vancouver Canucks at New York Islanders 4:00

The last event is really not part of the trip, as I live in New York, but I am including it for completeness. Weather could play a factor and lead to some scheduling changes, but for now, the stupid trip is ready to blast off! As always, check back for regular updates.

Best,

Sean

1 comment:

  1. I love the title of your sports roadie outlined above. Cool!

    ReplyDelete