Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Another Minor League Trip Planned


As the minor league baseball season winds down, I'm taking one final trip to complete several leagues. I've got one ballpark left in each of the AAA circuits, and a leftover one in the Appalachian League after the game I had planned to see in Bluefield on my most recent trip was cancelled at the last minute. I also have three ballparks remaining in the South Atlantic League that I'll get to on this trip, including the newest one in Columbia, SC, where I'll be meeting up with some fellow Stadium Journey writers. Here is the full schedule:
Thu, Aug 11 Lexington Legends at Augusta GreenJackets (South Atlantic League) 7:05
Fri, Aug 12 Lexington Legends at Augusta GreenJackets (South Atlantic League) 7:05
Sat, Aug 13 Greensboro Grasshoppers at Columbia Fireflies (South Atlantic League) 7:05 - Stadium Journey meetup
Sun, Aug 14 Greensboro Grasshoppers at Columbia Fireflies (South Atlantic League) 5:05
Mon, Aug 15 Elizabethton Twins at Bluefield Blue Jays (Appalachian League) 7:00 
Tue, Aug 16 South Bend Cubs at Bowling Green Hot Rods (Midwest League) 6:35
Wed, Aug 17 Tacoma Rainiers at Nashville Sounds (PCL) 12:05 
Wed, Aug 17 Jacksonville Suns at Tennessee Smokies (Southern League) 7:05 
Thu, Aug 18 Hagerstown Suns at Rome Braves (South Atlantic League) 7:05
Fri, Aug 19 Louisville Bats at Gwinnett Braves (International League) 7:05
I'm throwing in the Midwest League game in Bowling Green because it is quite a bit south of the rest of the parks which I plan to visit next year, thus I'll save a long drive then. The Wednesday doubleheader is a tough one; the parks are 3 hours apart and Nashville is an hour behind. If their game goes long, I'll have to save Tennessee for next season. As it stands, I'm not going to make Jackson, Mississippi (rained out in June) until then anyway, so having another park in the neighbourhood won't be much of a problem. It is a very colourful jaunt, with GreenJackets, Greensboro, Bowling Green, and even Bluefield, not to mention the two Suns on the slate.

When this trip is complete, I will have seen 135 of the 160 active minor league parks (actually there are only 159 this season as Hartford never opened), barring any rainouts or other problems. That leaves 25 for next season, which I hope to do over three trips. That's a long way away though, so for now, check back for recaps starting next week.

Best,

Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment