Monday, May 1, 2017

Off to Atlanta and Milwaukee for Blue Jays


My Toronto on the Road quest continues this month with an extended trip to four states. There is only one new Club 122 venue this summer, SunTrust Park in Atlanta. The Blue Jays play a two-game set there on May 17-18, and another short series in Milwaukee the following week. Both cities are close to minor league parks that I have to visit as part of my quest to see all 160 active ballparks in the affiliated leagues (134 so far). Rather than break this into two trips, I'm flying from Atlanta to Milwaukee. Here's the schedule for the journey:
Mon, May 15 Tampa Yankees at Florida Fire Frogs 7:05
Tue, May 16 St. Lucie Mets at Lakeland Flying Tigers 10:30
Tue, May 16 Tampa Yankees at Florida Fire Frogs 7:05
Wed, May 17 Toronto Blue Jays at Atlanta Braves 7:35
Thu, May 18 Toronto Blue Jays at Atlanta Braves 7:35
Fri, May 19 Cedar Rapids Kernels at Wisconsin Timber Rattlers 6:35
Sat, May 20 Schaumburg Boomers at Joliet Slammers 6:05
Sun, May 21 Beloit Snappers at Peoria Chiefs 2:00
Mon, May 22 Wisconsin Timber Rattlers at Beloit Snappers 6:30
Tue, May 23 Toronto Blue Jays at Milwaukee Brewers 6:40
Wed, May 24 Toronto Blue Jays at Milwaukee Brewers 12:10
You will notice that a couple of the minor league venues are listed twice. This is to minimize the risk of rainouts; if the first game is played, I'll try to find another game on the second night. Update: Since I saw the Wisconsin on Friday, I decided to add a Frontier League game on Saturday.

The Fire Frogs moved to Kissimmee from Brevard County, while the Timber Rattlers are based in Appleton, about 100 miles north of Milwaukee. I visited there in 2001 but was rained out; it has taken me 16 years to finally get back. I also went to Peoria in 2001, but they have a new stadium from 2002, so I'll be stopping by there as well. Updates will be posted here after every visit.

Best,

Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment