Thursday, June 22, 2017

Completing the Pioneer and Northwest Leagues


For years, the big hole in my minor league baseball quest has been the Pacific Northwest. Two short season leagues play here: the Rookie Pioneer League with 8 teams in Montana, Idaho, Utah, and Colorado; and the Northwest League, another 8-team circuit based in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and British Columbia. I used to live in Vancouver, and saw many games at Nat Bailey Stadium when the AAA Canadians played there. The current tenant is also called the Canadians, and although the league and level are different, the stadium is the same, so I don't need to see it again as it is an active minor league ballpark. I also visited Everett in 2001, so that can be avoided. But the other 14 stadiums have yet to be graced by my presence, so I'll be checking them off over a three-week jaunt. I also have some family time scheduled in Alberta, and I'll try to see a couple of other games when the schedule makes it tough to attend a ballgame.

The full schedule is below:
Sat, Jun 24 Ogden Raptors at Grand Junction Rockies 18:40
Sun, Jun 25 Idaho Falls Chukars at Orem Owlz 16:05
Mon, Jun 26 Reno Aces at Salt Lake Bees 19:05
Tue, Jun 27 Orem Owlz at Ogden Raptors 19:00
Wed, Jun 28 Great Falls Voyagers at Helena Brewers 19:05
Thu, Jun 29 Helena Brewers at Great Falls Voyagers 19:00
Fri, Jun 30 Billings Mustangs at Missoula Osprey 19:05
Sat, Jul  1 Spokane Indians at Boise Hawks 19:15
Tue, Jul  4 Helena Brewers at Billings Mustangs 16:05
Thu, Jul  6 Boston Celtics at Utah Jazz (Utah Summer League) 19:00
Fri, Jul  7 North Carolina FC at FC Edmonton (NASL) 19:00
Wed, Jul 12 Everett AquaSox at Tri-City Dust Devils 19:15
Thu, Jul 13 Eugene Emeralds at Hillsboro Hops 19:05
Fri, Jul 14 Hillsboro Hops at Salem-Keizer Volcanoes 18:35
Sat, Jul 15 Everett AquaSox at Eugene Emeralds 19:05
Sun, Jul 16 Tri-City Dust Devils at Boise Hawks 19:15
Mon, Jul 17 Missoula Osprey at Idaho Falls Chukars 19:15
Tue, Jul 18 Hillsboro Hops at Spokane Indians 18:30
As you might expect, rainouts are my primary concern, so I do have a few days leeway should one occur. If I do end up missing a park, the quest gets postponed until 2018. And nobody wants that to happen.

If you are in the area, drop me a line and perhaps we can meet up and enjoy a game together. This will be my last big road trip, and it should be a lot of fun, so follow along here starting Saturday.

Best,

Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment